Oct 9, 2017

Answering A Critic


On social media this weekend someone wrote about me;  Have you ever published anything positive about Allentown?  Although,  this person apparently has a professional agenda for his question, let me respond first as if he didn't.  This blog was never intended to promote a particular party,  public official or policy.  Rather, it was meant to try and safeguard some unique  aspects of Allentown.  Consequently, I defend the traditional park system, among other institutions.

My critic(s) can't suggest that I attend meetings and try to change policy,  because I've been to countless ones.  My critic(s) can't suggest that I run for office, because I have.

I think that what Allentown actually needs is more critics.  Public meetings are sparely attended.  There are plenty of smiling faces to come out for a free swim. Give them a free hotdog, and they could care less about how much the project cost,  or what else was ignored to build it.

This is a focused blog with a mission.  Entertainment, popularity and/or comments are not my objectives.  I do appreciate the readership of those who find the posts here worthwhile.

Now, getting back to this weekend's criticism of me.  He was complaining because I posted that the new pool may be leaking.  My critic has done media work for Pawlowski.   I wonder if he also considers the FBI  to be naysayers in regard to his client.  Lisa Pawlowski liked his comment about me.

I use the Sidewalk Superintendent Photograph, shown above, as a representation of my efforts to scrutinize city hall.   

5 comments:

  1. Mike, One of the biggest problems in the city was a total lack of critical commentary and analysis. All the media stories were delivered through phony smiles informing us how great things were going. Those of us who actually thought about it knew differently. What is also interesting was how people actually took offense to our attempts to tell the truth. As if we were waking them up from a beautiful dream or that our negative vibes would destroy the positive karma that the media administration propaganda machine was creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allentown, like most cities, has it problems, however, Allentown's first and most perplexing problem is its dishonest mayor at the top. I will admit that he is a disgusting lying cheat, but a grand wizard in politics. He is the only guy who can be indicted on 54-counts and still be possibly reelected. He changed his base to the ill-informed Hispanic citizens and capitalized on a small Syrian community that votes in blocks and donates money from outside of Allentown. To even think of voting for a public servant who is accused [by nine [9] co-conspirators] of Honest Services, Bribery, Extortion, Wire Fraud, Mail Fraud and Lying to the FBI, is totally repulsive and ignorant. Once this deceiver and his team of head shakers is removed from the municipal government, civility can return and discourse will be mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not unique to Allentown. Typical of Democrat ruled cities.

    When there has been one party rule for decades, and the newspaper does little more than print their press releases, you have a static situation.

    There is no criticism, no one to push back. The machine rolls on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MM,
    its hard to sell god in hell but anyone will drink the water or take a dipp in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the machine will continue to roll on in Allentown unless Nat Hyman wins. Ray is a willing part of the Democratic Machine here.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.